January 29, 2016
- Renamed Ludo's Quest to Ludo's Quest. The apostrophe causes problems. Also added the Super prefix to the game.
January 23, 2016
- Added Dutch translation.
- Android Alpha version released. Game is functional.
December 17, 2015
- Release of Xmas version on iOS.
December 5, 2015
Working on Xmas version. Fixed a lot of bugs:
- Callouts must be always updated otherwise wall door may not show callout because another may be opened.
- Fixed bug with hero firt attack. Some button press attacks but does not fire.
December 3, 2015
Working on Xmas version. Improvements to engine:
- Translated house callouts (were missing)
- Fixed bug with character and animations
November 30, 2015
- Start working on Xmas free release: Ludo's Quest Free Santa.
November 18, 2015
- Added double jump and spead up characters based on feedback.
November 10, 2015
November 7, 2015
- Added ability to mirror cave and prison in level editor. Fixed bugs with cave and improved robustness of houses.
- Fixed bugs with adding tiles/houses in level editor.
- As per Henri Gagnon's request following his excellent feedback.
November 4, 2015
- App Store finally accepted the build. 15 days turnaround.
- Released to Canada App Store for testing. Submitted new build with bug fixes (including memory leak fix).
October 27, 2015
- App Store rejected build. I had checked "Made for kids" but according to Apple, Ludo's Quest is not specific to children. Resubmitted without that check. Waiting for review.
October 20, 2015
- Submitted to App Store. Waiting for review.
October 4, 2015
- Update on website. Replaced FAQ with About page.
October 3, 2015
- Many bug fixes. More sound effects in editor.
September 30, 2015
- Fixed crashes on iOS. Improved maker.
- Improved website.
September 24, 2015
- Completed integrating Maker, the user level generator and editor.
- Added Disqus to the site to gather user feedback.
September 2, 2015
- Locked levels and hid end-scene (you must finish the game to see it).
- Fixed some UI bugs.
September 1, 2015
- Integrated end cut-scene music.
August 29, 2015
- Finally named the village, castle and mountain.
- Integrated end cut-scene draw by Sophie Bédard.
- Integrated intro cut-scene music composed by Zach Striefel.
- Finalized sfx composed by Zach Striefel.
- Improved Vandaft AI. Throws fireballs and appears/disappears.
- Level 16 renamed to Final act. Prison and villagers now integrated.
- Tons of bug fixes and improvements.
July 18, 2015
July 12, 2015
- Integrated theme and in-game music tracks composed by Zach Striefel.
- Added buttons to turn on/off music and (future) sound effects.
July 4, 2015
- Finalized level 12 wiht Orcules.
June 30, 2015
- Vandaft character is finalized. His robe is orange instead of blue. No horns.
- Used canvas elements instead of sprite for fireballs Ludo throws.
June 24, 2015
- Change how coins are counted. Total accumulated over total available.
June 23, 2015
- Vandaft attack effect. Throws fireballs.
June 22, 2015
- Introduced draft version of the villain Vandaft (drawn by Tiệp Nguyễn), on level 12 for testing.
June 15, 2015
June 15, 2015
- Improved editor: automatic tile sizing and next/prev page buttons.
- Fixed bug where dead hero slid through tiles.
June 9, 2015
- Improved Orcules. Ludo (and others) get hurt when his hammer hits the floor.
- Upon dying, Orcules gives up the key to complete the level.
- Progress of the game is now saved.
June 6, 2015
- Split the web site into multiple pages and introduced the characters.
June 5, 2015
- Built level 11 with vertical moving platforms.
- Properly pause play when game is suspended on iOS and in browser.
May 31, 2015
- Skeletons come back to life 3 seconds after death.
May 29, 2015
- Enemies are no longer blocked by artifacts.
- Fireball can destroy breakable tiles.
- Suspend enemy actions when Ludo enters/exits houses.
May 26, 2015
- Level 9 - graveyard.
- New tombstone, chest and pot breakable tiles.
May 21, 2015
- Improved level 8 with 3 axe-throwing orcs.
May 18, 2015
- Bounce when falling on skeletons and orcs.
- Improved playability of some levels.
May 16, 2015
- Fixed bug where orcs and skeletons got stuck.
- Fixed bug with UI sliding button mis-alignment.
May 13, 2015
- Tap works better
- More tolerance when entering door.
- Pressing Z does full swing attack. No longer need to hold Z to do full swing.
May 12, 2015
January 4, 2015
- First commit. Start of development.